Saturday, June 19, 2010

June 19

It's been a long week of work at Mission Emanuel, and we had another great group, this time from Orlando, come in to serve. They continued work on two of the houses that groups have been working on this year, one of which was for a woman named Dominga.

Back in March, on my spring break trip, we began work on Dominga's house. Back then, it was a clear plot of land with trenches dug for the footers. We filled the trenches with cement to start the foundation of the house. We also were able to pray over the house and for Dominga's influence in the community. She is truly a remarkable woman. I have heard so many stories about how she has been a shining light for Christ in the Bayona community. It was amazing to be able to dedicate and see her home finished and furnished, as well as hear the testimonies of so many as we prayed over her home. God has truly used her and blessed her for her faithfulness.

Aside from the dedication of Dominga's house this past week, most of my time has been spent working with the baseball players. I can definitely see a lot of progress being made with their English, and I have had extra opportunities outside of our normal time to teach. I met up with a few of them after practice at one of their houses and worked on what a conversation would look like in English. It has been a very rewarding experience to see things click as they continue to understand more and more of the lessons we have had. It's hard to believe that I only have a week left working with them.

I'm truly looking forward to this last week. The group that is coming in, from Winston-Salem, has brought loads of baseball equipment that we are presenting to the players on Monday. It is truly amazing to see how God has provided and brought all of donations together in such a short amount of time. I sent an email out a little over a week ago, and that day, bags of baseball equipment had already been dropped off, ready to be flown down. I can't wait to see the excitement from the kids. I already know how thankful they will be and how much of an impact and blessing it is to the baseball academy that I am working with.

No comments:

Post a Comment