Friday, May 28, 2010

May 28

My summer in the Dominican has officially begun. Surprisingly, I had no problems with my flights coming down here, and arrived at the hotel after an eventful cab ride that began with the low gas light being on and ended with me finding the hotel before my driver, Emilio. I unpacked a little, did some reading, and just relaxed, since I was the first person from Mission Emanuel summer staff to arrive. Today has been pretty easy going as well. I've mostly relaxed, read, and stayed inside since it was raining for a while during the day. Thankfully the weather didn't cause any delays, and most of the other staff members should arrive later tonight. As the group gets here, I'll get a better idea of what the rest of the weekend and next week looks like. For now, I'm just watching Los Celtics play El Magic 'en vivo' thanks to ESPN Deportes. I'll be posting pictures periodically as well, so everyone can get a better sense of where I am and what I'm doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment